Location: Oslo (Ullernchausséen 64)
Ultimovacs is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing novel immunotherapies against cancer. Our lead product candidate is UV1, a peptide-based vaccine inducing a specific T cell response against the universal cancer antigen telomerase, an antigen prevalent in 85-90% of cancers. UV1 is under assessment in a broad Phase II program in five cancer indications enrolling more than 650 patients, aiming to demonstrate the impact of UV1 in multiple cancer types in combination with other immunotherapies, for patients with unmet needs. In addition, UV1, Ultimovacs is planning to develop novel vaccine products based on the patent-protected Tetanus-Epitope Targeting (TET) platform. The TET platform combines antigens and the vaccine adjuvant in the same molecule. The platform generates new, first-in-class cancer vaccine candidates that harness pre-existing antibody responses against tetanus induced by standard tetanus vaccination. TET vaccine candidates can be tailored to many types of cancer, and to infectious diseases.
Ultimovacs is a limited public liability company listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
About the role:
In this role you will be expected to drive translational research programs associated with Ultimovacs clinical cancer vaccine candidates and serve as a source of knowledge on cancer and immunology in the company.
This includes leading the design and follow-up of research programs that aim to document how the immunological mode of action of Ultimovacs’ vaccine candidates transfers into anti-tumor effects and clinical benefits for the patients. The role requires the ability to engage with external teams of scientists and specialists on various advanced technologies applicable within the field of immune oncology and to make science-driven decisions to move research projects forwards. To meet this role, it is important to be comfortable working in a multidisciplinary and research-intensive environment.
The Translational Research Lead will report to Head of Research
- Plan and initiate research programs associated with Ultimovacs clinical cancer vaccine candidates
- Identify and initiate collaborations with external academic and commercial partners
- Coordinate and follow up planned research activities through interactions with the internal research team and with external collaborators and partners
- Data management and data analysis
- Project management, including securing formal agreements including scientific and financial aspects, budgeting, and follow up of milestones and timelines
- Present (written and orally) research results to senior management, collaborators, partners, and the scientific community
- Prepare data for publications in peer reviewed journals, regulatory submissions and patent filings
- Be updated on current technological and scientific developments in the field of cancer immunotherapy
- Be an active contributor into other internal function teams at Ultimovacs
- A PhD in immunology, cancer biology, immune oncology, or a related discipline
- 3-4 years of experience within the area of translational research on drug candidates in early-stage clinical development and/or evaluation from industry (preferred) or academia
- Experienced in planning and leading research projects by interacting and engaging with scientists and specialists on various advanced technologies applicable within the field of immune oncology
- Experience in management and analysis of e.g. WES data, RNA seq data, TCR seq data, gen panel data and IHC data utilizing applicable bioinformatic tools
- Experience in interpreting, presenting, and reporting research data.
- Experience in selecting CROs and managing CRO relationships
About the Research department at Ultimovacs
The research team at Ultimovacs consist of 7 experienced professionals. Our work premises are in Ultimovacs head office in the Oslo Cancer Cluster Incubator close to the Norwegian Radium Hospital, and in Uppsala Science park close to Uppsala University and Uppsala University Hospital. We perform basic in vitro an in vivo laboratory experiments in our in-house laboratories, but the majority of our research activities are performed within our extensive network of external academic and commercial collaborators and partners. Our translational research activities are based on biobanks build up of biological material collected from patients included in Ultimovacs completed and ongoing phase I and phase II trials.
Please enter www.ultimovacs.com for more information.
Please send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: July 15th, 2022.